CERTIFIED SECURITY PRINCIPLES (CSP)
CERTIFIED SECURITY PRINCIPLE
Data breaches have increasingly become one main consequence of cyber-attacks, especially in business domains that handle sensitive data, such as the financial institutions. According to a recent study, the top source of security incidents within a company are the current employees.
A new report from Cybersecurity Ventures also estimates that, there will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs by 2021 and most of these jobs will demand that applicants have some basic skills in cybersecurity; hence, the need to be equipped with the requisite skills in cybersecurity. This course is going to prepare you for cybersecurity across the entire environment including understanding risk management, identity and access control, network and data security among other relevant cybersecurity areas. The course is aimed at equipping the participant with the right cybersecurity ethics and skills to become a valuable asset to any company that is attempting to improve its security posture. With this certification, you will be marketable to any company, anywhere on the globe.
- Fully understand Security from a real-world viewpoint;
- Implement security controls on systems within an environment, network, data, servers, host, mobile, cloud;
- Understand risk management and how each individual or department can be part of reducing risk;
- Understand cryptography at the basic level to ensure a company is implementing this correctly;
- Understand how to impose controls for mobile and IoT devices;
- Prepare for the CSP or Security+ certification;
- Become part of the solution for improving the security posture of your company.
Upon completion, the Certified Security Principles candidate will not only be able to competently take the C)SP exam but will also understand the principle security knowledge to keep companies’ IP and IT infrastructure safe.
The Certified Security Principles exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple-choice questions. The discounted cost is $400 USD and must be purchased through the e-Crime Academy.
Module 1– Introduction to IT Security
Module 2– Risk Management
Module 3– Understanding of Cryptography
Module 4–Understanding Identity and Access Management
Module 5–Managing Data Security
Module 6 –Managing Network Security
Module 7 –Managing Server/Host Security
Module 8 –Application Security for Non-Developers
Module 9 –Understanding Mobile Device Security (IoT)
Module 10 –Managing Day to Day Security
Module 11 –Understating Compliance and Auditing
Date: March 09 – 13, 2020.
Venue: Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre, Teshie – Accra.
- Tuition: Locals (Ghanaian-Based Citizens) – GHS 2000.
International Participants – USD 800
- Mile2 Certification Exams fee – USD 400
How to Apply